Pearce is looking for Freight Broker Associates to work out of and a part of our Lake Hamilton, FL office who desire to be part of a well respected, financially stable, growth minded company. Our strong back office support staff and one of the highest credit ratings in the industry, will poise you and your business for substantial growth. If you have freight brokering experience, Pearce could be the place for you!
Desired Skills and Experience:
¢ Minimum 1 year experience in the transportation industry brokering
¢ Existing customer base a PLUS but NOT required
¢ Carrier following helpful
¢ Leadership skills
¢ Ability to work in fast paced environment
¢ Customer Service
¢ Proven track record in sales prospecting
¢ Ability to build relationships with stakeholders or customers that result in high customer satisfaction
¢ Ability to meet and exceed weekly/monthly sales goal
¢ Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
¢ Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
¢ Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
¢ Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet, web-based and job specific software applications
- Perform freight services according to company and government regulations.
- Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Work with Shippers, Carriers and Dispatchers to manage the schedules.
- Track and report shipment status to customers.
- Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests and develop new sales strategies to improve business
- Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer concerns and queries professionally.
- Maintain positive and productive relationship with customers.
- Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services.
- Negotiate contract and pricing agreements with carriers.
- Provide special discounts and promotions to customers.
- Contact current and potential customers for new business opportunities.
- Maintain strong relationship with multiple carriers.
- Ensure that freight paperwork are completed and approved before transportation.
- Maintain freight files and customer receipts for reference purposes.
Possible salary plus commission depending upon experience and book of business or 50/50 commission split. Full benefits eligible after 90 days and one week vacation after one year anniversary date. Job does require your presence in the Lake Hamilton office M-F.